Cannonball Adderley - Somethin' Else
Label: Blue Note – 7243 4 95329 2 2, Blue Note – 495 3292
Series: RVG Edition –
Type: CD, Album, Reissue, Remastered
Date of released: 2008
Tracklist Hide Credits
Written-By – J. Mercer*, J. Kosma*
Love For Sale
Written-By – Cole Porter
Written-By – Miles Davis
One For Daddy-O
Written-By – Nat Adderley
Dancing In The Dark
Written-By – A. Schwartz, H. Deitz*
Written-By – Hank Jones
- Recorded At – Van Gelder Studio, Hackensack, New Jersey
- Designed At – Watts Design
- Manufactured By – Optimal Media Production – A852525
- Marketed By – EMI
- Distributed By – EMI
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Capitol Records, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Capitol Records, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Mosaic Images
- Alto Saxophone – Cannonball Adderley
- Bass – Sam Jones
- Creative Director [RVG Series] – Gordon H Jee
- Design [Cover] – Reid Miles
- Design [RVG Series] – Eric Bernhardi, Michael Boland
- Drums – Art Blakey
- Engineer [Recording] – Rudy Van Gelder
- Liner Notes – Bob Blumenthal
- Liner Notes [Original] – Leonard Feather
- Photography By [Cover, Liner Photographs From The Actual Session] – Francis Wolff
- Piano – Hank Jones
- Producer – Alfred Lion, Alfred Lion
- Production Manager [Production For RVG Series] – Tom Vasatka
- Recorded By, Remastered By – Rudy Van Gelder
- Reissue Producer – Michael Cuscuna
- Trumpet – Miles Davis
NotesRepress of Cannonball Adderley - Somethin' Else by Optimal Media Production from 2008, according to the matrix format.
7243 4 95329 2 2 on spine, back cover and disc
UK: 495 3292 on back cover
Tracks 1 to 5 originally issued as Blue Note BLP 1595 and BST 81595.
Track 6 was not part of the original album, and previously issued under the title "Alison's Uncle."
Recorded on March 9, 1958 at the Van Gelder Studio, Hackensack, New Jersey;
Originally recorded and remastered in 1998 by Rudy Van Gelder.
All transfers from analog to digital were made at 24-bit resolution.
Photographs from the actual session © Mosaic Images.
Miles Davis performs by courtesy of Columbia Records.
℗ & © 1999 Capitol Records, Inc.
Marketed and distributed by EMI.
Blue Note® is a registered trademark of Capitol Records, Inc.
Made and printed in the EU.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 7 24349 53292 2
- Barcode (Scanned): 724349532922
- Rights Society: bel BIEM
- Label Code: LC-0148
- Price Code (F): PM 520
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1): 4953292 A852525-01 manufactured by optimal media production
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI L572
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI 9712
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 2): 4953292 A852525-01 manufactured by optimal media production
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI L574
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI 9721
|BLP 1595, 1595||Cannonball Adderley||Somethin' Else (LP, Album, Mono)||Blue Note, Blue Note||BLP 1595, 1595||US||1958|
|BST 1595, 1595||Cannonball Adderley||Somethin' Else (LP, Album, RP)||Blue Note, Blue Note||BST 1595, 1595||US||1964|
|6785516||Miles Davis, Cannonball Adderley||Miles Davis, Cannonball Adderley - Somethin' Else (LP, Ltd, RE)||Vinyl Lovers||6785516||Europe||2019|
|BLP 1595, 1595||Cannonball Adderley||Somethin' Else (LP, Album, Mono, RE, RP)||Blue Note, Blue Note||BLP 1595, 1595||US||1966|
|D 135422||Cannonball Adderley||Somethin' Else (CD, Album, Club, RE)||Blue Note||D 135422||US||1986|
Related to Cannonball Adderley - Somethin' Else: